The 12th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, ELPUB2008, is to be held in Toronto on June 25-27, 2008.
This year the conference will focus on Open Scholarship. However the organizers say that, as usual, there will be a broad range of topics, creating “a unique atmosphere of active exchange and learning about various aspects of scholarly electronic publishing”.
Contributions are invited for single papers, tutorials, workshops, posters and demonstrations. Topics will include:
* New Publishing models, tools, services and roles
* New scholarly constructs and discourse methods
* Innovative business models for scholarly publishing
* Multilingual and multimodal interfaces
* Services and technology for specific user communities, media, and content
* Content search, analysis and retrieval
* Interoperability, scalability and middleware infrastructure to facilitate
awareness and discovery
* Personalisation technologies (e.g. social tagging, folksonomies, RSS,
* Metadata creation, usage and interoperability
* Semantic web issues
* Data mining, text harvesting, and dynamic formatting
* User generated content and its relation to publisher’s content
* Usage and citation impact
* Security, privacy and copyright issues
* Digital preservation, content authentication
* Recommendations, guidelines, interoperability standards
* Deadline for the submission of Abstracts is January 20th 2008.
* The deadline for the final papers is April 11th, 2008.
* Registration for participants will begin in November.